[OpenAFS] setting UDP timeouts without ipchains

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:08:01 -0400

IPChains is an old, (linux 2.2?) firewall method.
There is no soft way to set UDP timeouts on Linux 2.4,
and on 2.6 I don't know whether it's still hard-coded
or has been reverted back to a user-controllable timeout.
Regardless, the setting would either be via iptables,
not ipchains, or it would be a /proc setting.

But if it's hard-coded you would need to rebuild the kernel.
I haven't looked at 2.6 to see which it is.

-derek