[OpenAFS] AFSLore Wiki down?

John Tang Boyland boyland@solomons.cs.uwm.edu
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:29:03 -0500

The AFS Lore Wikipages seem to be down.  I wanted to edit
the Kerberos V pages to note that the fake-kaserver doesn't work with
Window's clients if you have the kdc running on the same machine.
(because the KDC intercepts the 'klog' request from the client.  Unix
clients use the old kaserver ports; I don't know why the window's
binaries don't do the same thing, but it may be a firewall reason.)

Somewhat off-topic, but these pages are really the only documentation
for doing things with OpenAFS beyond the IBM Transarc level
documentation.  I see questions from people being referred to old
OpenAFS-info pages, which is a poor substitute.
For example:
  (1) getting OpenAFS to work with PAM
      -- current solution involves finding random PAM modules
         from random people's web pages
  (2) Getting OpenAFS to work with PAM and ssh
      -- similar

John