[OpenAFS] Replicating the AFS Administrative Databases?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming@gmail.com
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:32:49 -0400

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/AdminGuide/auagd007.htm#HDRWQ52

In that section, it says:
=20
  "If your cell has more than one server machine, it is best to run
more than one
  as a database server machine (but more than three are rarely necessary). =
"

But, the last paragraph in the section says:

  "If your cell has only one file server machine, it must also serve
as a database
  server machine. If you cell has two file server machines, it is not
always advantageous
  to run both as database server machines."

The two seem to contradict each other.  Thanks for any clarification.

--=20
Jiann-Ming Su
"I have to decide between two equally frightening options.=20