[OpenAFS] pam_krb5afs and openssh-4.0p1

lamont@scriptkiddie.org lamont@scriptkiddie.org
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:51:25 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I found out where the road leads...

Wound up using pam_krb5 only for kerberos.  It will not work with a GSSAPI
passed TGT to just get a PAG.  There's also an issue discussed previously
on this list about needing to turn off challenge-response in openafs to
make this work.  Chaining after pam_krb5 in the session section I put
pam_afs2 which calls out to /usr/bin/afs5log (the standalone aklog-ish
piece of pam_krb5afs).  Works both on initial login and for SSO now.
This will not work for anything which doesn't allow passing PAM stashes
from the auth function of pam_krb5 to the session function of pam_krb5
(like OpenSSH's challenge-reponse auth).  It is only after
pam_sm_open_session() in pam_krb5 that you have KRB5CCNAME set and
pointing to a valid TGT.

Other little details are that pam_krb5afs assumes the /afs/<cellname>
convention and that afs5log pukes on the -p <homedir> option that
pam_afs2 passes to it, so it doesn't work out of the box.

PAM sucks.