[OpenAFS] NetworkerAFS?

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:16:40 -0500

Veritas NetBackup (sort of) supports AFS natively.  They included support
as recently as version 4.5 (I haven't used anything newer), and although
they are no longer officially supporting AFS, I was told that as long as
OpenAFS doesn't change whatever Veritas uses to perform the backups (I would
assume vos dump and vos restore), it should continue to work.

We're still using it today, although we're looking at other options since
we are migrating away from Veritas, and it's not officially supported.

Brian

--
Brian Sebby  (sebby@anl.gov)  |  Unix and Operation Services
Phone: +1 630.252.9935        |  Computing and Information Systems