[OpenAFS] LDAP authentication

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:08:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> I'm about half a step ahead of you in this process.  I don't
> know how you are authenticating Windows users,

A linux server will become primary LDAP server and also Windows
PDC, using samba that talk to the LDAP server. Windows clients
will login using this PDC. So Windows client will login from the
LDAP using the samba as "gateway". There will also be some
backup LDAP servers that act as BDC as well.

> but Samba 3.0.20 now supports Kerberos authentication with
> keytabs.

Hmm, I have to read more. Did you mean Samba will act as
Kerberos authentication server, and therefore if I have LDAP as
Samba authentication backend, I can get OpenAFS to authenticate
to Samba?

Thanks!

--
                               Stephan Paul Arif Sahari Wibowo