[OpenAFS] TSM and AFS

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
27 Sep 2005 09:12:55 -0400

We are using a similar backup scheme to TSM, and we're forced to use old
AIX backup servers since the TSM API hasn't been ported to
OpenAFS/Linux.

I'm in the early stages of redesigning the backup system.  We have SAN
attached disk available, and my plan is to do a butc backup to the SAN
disk, and use that as my primary means of restore.  The incremental
scheme will last about 13-14 weeks, a semester's worth.  That directory
structure will then be sent to the TSM tape library, and we'll move back
to level 0 for butc.

I think this setup will give us speed and security.  I'd appreciate your
thoughts on this.