[OpenAFS] newbie observations...

Jiann-Ming Su Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com>
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:43:11 -0400

I'm still in the process of evaluating OpenAFS.  I have some
observations based on my inexperience and would like to gain some more
insight... For user home directories, it seems like I can have
functionally the same thing if I use LVM and Automount, except I
wouldn't have the filesystem authentication.  Is there another aspect
of OpenAFS that I'm missing causing me to make this observation?=20
Also,  I'm not at the point where I can sniff the traffic yet, but is
the network traffic encrypted?   Thanks for any insights.
--
Jiann-Ming Su