[OpenAFS] Problem with aklog

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:11:10 -0500

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
>

>>I need to check with Sam about openafs-krb5; it needs some attention.
>>(Well, for the most part it probably just needs to go away and the
>>binaries provided by other packages.)
>

> No other package provides asetkey...

bos addkey comes close:
[-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]

But what it call "key" is a character string.

You can use a password with kadmin or Microsofts ktpass and use the same
password with bos addkey if you "salt" it first.

So if you used the password "qwertyuiop" for afs/your.cell@YOUR.REALM
with bos addkey yo would use "qwertyuiopYOUR.REALMafsyour.cell"

So if nothing else a mod to bos addkey to take a hex key would be nice.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory