[OpenAFS] AFS on hp 11.23

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:11:59 -0500

lal anil wrote:

> Hi All
>
>  I am a newbie to afs and HP-UX
>
>  I am successfull in configuring afs 1.4.1 on linux and solaris machines and also in hp 11.11. but I have got a requirement in configuring on hp-ux 11.23 which i feel is entirely different from the older version. I am not able to see any modules listed in the kernel list. can anyone help me to configure afs on the new 11.23 or can point to any documentation or links.

The AFS  file root.client/usr/bin/afs64 is the kernel extensions. Its about 2.5MB.
This needs to be copied to the /usr/conf/mod/afs64 Then you need to rebuild the
kernel or tell it to use the new "mod" using SAM. (There may be a command line
interface too.)

Its been a long time, and our HP guy who used to do this is not available.

Hope this helps.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory