[OpenAFS] Changes for Mosaic's AFS cell...

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 02:25:28 -0400

On Apr 6, 2006, at 2:19 , Marcus Watts wrote:

> For the file servers, it's usually possible to upgrade fileserver
> software without moving volumes.  I haven't found many production
> sites willing to risk this with real data.  There have been and

We do this somewhat regularly --- sort of.  The AFS partitions are on
an external RAID; we install the new server on a spare machine, shut
down the old, move the RAID box, and boot the new.  (Solaris with
inode fileserver)

--
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]
allbery@kf8nh.com