[OpenAFS] Changes for Mosaic's AFS cell...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:03:20 -0400 (EDT)

> You might argue that these are really 3 different modes of operation and they
> should belong in 3 different PAM modules.  But on some Linux systems at least
> this is all done by a single PAM module that figures out which of those 3
> things to do based on the situation.

What does Linux have to do with it? I had a module which worked on Linux
and Solaris in 1998 or so... which handled all 3 cases, but did not honor
env, though I suppose with the relevant checks you could avoid the attack
I was concerned about... which at this point I no longer even remember the
details of.