[OpenAFS] Changes for Mosaic's AFS cell...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:41:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> At 12:13 PM 4/7/2006, Sergio Gelato wrote:
>> I don't think Rodney was asking for binaries here. I wonder whether he
>> has noticed that the CVS web interface lets one look up individual
>> "deltas"?
>
> Yes, I was "replied to" on that very subject last night.  It isn't quite as
> nice as going to "downloads" and looking for the patches for a "released
> production version", however it does work.  But then it requires the end user
> to basically end up being a developer.  Who has the time, money, or capacity
> to load up a compile environment for a source patch other than developers?

The delta system was intended to have a patch jukebox which would let you
have e.g. checkboxes and would apply fixes you wanted and spit out a
patched tarball, if one was doable, forcing you, potentially, to take
dependancies. The metadata needed to do it isn't there, but it's close.