[OpenAFS] Files updated from one client not updated on others

Dave Broudy dave@broudy.net
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:58:30 -0600

Here is my scenario: If I update a file (say, with a text editor) in my
home user volume from one client, the change doesn't show up on any
other client or server. The file will appear changed on this particular
client, so I'm assuming it's getting into the cache. If I "fs flush
file" on another machine, the changes show up on the other machine.

Conversely, if I change a file on any other machine, it doesn't show up
on the problem machine, even if I "fs flush file".

I've checked the basics, time is in sync. Everything was working most of
today, and I haven't done any upgrades in a week or so. I have another
client that is configured almost identically, same kernel, os, network
location, and it has none of these problems.

Client and Server is Debian Sarge, Openafs 1.3.81-3sarge1
Server is 2.6.8-2-k7
Client is 2.6.8-3-k7, but I've tried 2.6.8-2-k7 also, and it's the same
result.

I realize I have not yet begun to debug, can anyone give me pointers on
where to go from here?

Thanks,
Dave

--