GUI tools Was Re: [OpenAFS] AFS clients for OSX/Darwin

hays@ibiblio.org hays@ibiblio.org
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:45:50 -0400

--On Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:01 PM -0400  Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> There are other organizations on this list
> who have developed local gui tools for managing credentials and
> configuration of AFS on the Mac.  I encourage organizations that wish
> to contribute code or developer time to coordinate with each and the
> OpenAFS gatekeepers.  When there is consensus on a generally useful
> tool we can decide to integrate it into a future development release.

Ok, I'll bite. Adding the port darwin list for additional input...

Seems to me that one of the problems is that it's pretty hard for most
users to find most of these tools. Generally people are pretty good about
posting information, but there's no one-stop-shop (at least not one of
which I am aware) and as people move about, some of the tools/sites get
lost. I think the wiki with afslore would be a good spot for this kind of
information, but it's still down.

If folks are interested in coordinating efforts in this area, I'm willing
to put together some web pages. If no one has a better suggestion for
location, I can post a page on ibilio with basic information on the tools
available with links to sites. I don't see any reason to not go ahead now,
since when the wiki's back it can be moved (or not). I'm also willing to
collect comments on specific tools (so that they can be forwarded to the
gatekeepers).

So, if there's a tool that you find useful, send me some email with
information on where it is and what it does.