[OpenAFS] AKLOG build error...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:22:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Halter, Jonathan wrote:

> I've done several tests here, and it seems that we may be getting bit by
> some hardcoding of CC somewhere in OPenAFS's configure. No matter what I
> specify for CC, by the end of configure, CC always ends up being set to
> /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc. This is a problem on our systems, since our
> compilers are not located there.

Yes, that's not surprising. There are autoconf macros
(src/cf/solaris-cc.m4, i think) which could be hooked in, or better yet a
test which tries to determine if a gcc which supports compiling Solaaris
kernel modules (and uses the requisite flags instead of cc flags in
libafs/MakefileProto.SOLARIS.in) would be nice, if someone wants to do the
work on that and contribute it I will certainly find some time to work
with them on it, but at the moment I don't have time to just do the work.

There's no point in testing. We know it really wants /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc.
If you want it to not want that, it's going to need some help.

Derrick