[OpenAFS] AIX 5.2 ML7 cache out-of-sync problems OpenAFS 1.4.1

Joe Buehler aspam@cox.net
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:26:13 -0400

We have a machine that was recently upgraded from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2
ML7.  File edits under /afs on another machine are sometimes not being
seen on this machine.

We have another machine running AIX 5.2 ML7 without any noticed problem.
I checked the client binaries, afsd startup options, etc. and everything
appears to be identical on the two AIX 5.2 machines.  The cacheinfo
files are even identical, though the malfunctioning machine actually has
a bigger cache filesystem than the working one.

The OpenAFS 1.4.1 code was compiled locally, configured thus:

./configure \
	--enable-fast-restart \
	--enable-bitmap-later \
	--enable-bos-new-config \
	--enable-largefile-fileserver \
	--enable-transarc-paths

I asked the sysadmin to blow away the cache and reboot the machine, but
she supposedly did that when she upgraded the AFS client at the time of
the OS upgrade.

Are there any known bugs in 1.4.1 that might be relevant?  The servers
are also 1.4.1, running on 2.4 kernel linux machines.

Joe Buehler