[OpenAFS] DB servers seperate from fileservers

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:33:57 -0500

Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>>   Don't those deal with fileservers?
>>   And isn't the case at hand dealing with DB servers?
>>
>>   Seems to me that a far simplier method would be for stand-alone
>>   clients to start with a short timeout and circle through the
>>   DB servers quicker.
>
> The problem is that this code is embedded deep within the Ubik
> library; it's not under application control.  This is solvable, but
> it's a pain.

Could this be solved (temporarily) by editing the CellServDB file and
removing the DB server that is down so that the down server is never
contacted?

Perhaps a hook could be added to check for a ~/.CellServDB file instead
of using the system one when a specific flag is passed in?

<<CDC