[OpenAFS] FC6-T2 openafs

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:40:45 -0400

On Friday, August 11, 2006 06:11:29 PM -0400 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
>
>> In message
>> <Pine.GSO.4.61-042.0608111734330.13429@johnstown.andrew.cmu.edu>,Der
>>>
>>> No keyring support, then?
>>
>> sys_chdir is used to scan for the syscall table.  keyring support should
>> be unaffected.
>
> well, if he has keyring support, he need not care about syscall table
> patching, right?

Not entirely true - some people might still care about supporting legacy
apps that don't know about the /proc interface for making AFS syscalls.

In any case, what he does or doesn't care about doesn't change the fact
that the code is there.  This is a known problem, BTW, though I don't
recall offhand what fix we came up with.

Of course, one could whine at Linus that someone made an already-existing
symbol be GPL-only, which he has said is not supposed to happen.

-- Jeff