[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on XP SP2: Delay Write Failed

ted tcreedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:16:30 -0700

Is what I wrote correct or not?

I don't have time for comments that are not germaine.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 2:39 PM
To: tcreedon@easystreet.com
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on XP SP2: Delay Write Failed

Ted:

I am sorry that I do not have time to hand hold.  That is what my
clients pay for.   All of the necessary information is listed in the
release notes documentation.  The quote I provided earlier in this
thread is just one section.  In the release notes the "TraceOption"
reference is a hyperlink to the TraceOption entry in the registry
reference which describes which key the value is stored under and what
the possible values mean.  The expectation is that the reader would
follow the link to obtain the necessary knowledge if they do not have
familiarity with the value.

The "debug" build is not required.

The instructions you provide below are one way in which the tools
can be used.  You might want to consider the 0x08 bit in TraceOption
as well.  Of course, you need to save the contents of the monitors
to files before you can send them in a bug report.  That should be
obvious but since the rest of it wasn't perhaps I need to state it
explicitly.

Jeffrey Altman

ted creedon wrote:
> Is this what you meant to write?
> If so which control set gets modified? All?
> Is the debug version required?
>
> 1. Registry
>
> Add to
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Parameters]