[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on XP SP2: Delay Write Failed

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:34:32 -0700

If you're not interested in correcting vague instructions (which should be
in the obsolete documentation) and would rather Persian messenger the
writer, then there is nothing to discuss.

If you need a test case that breaks afs, it is available.

I am not in a position to debug your code for you, or test it either.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Hutzelman
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 4:39 PM
To: tcreedon@easystreet.com
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org; Jeffrey Hutzelman
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on XP SP2: Delay Write Failed

On Friday, August 11, 2006 04:16:30 PM -0700 ted tcreedon
<tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:

> Is what I wrote correct or not?
>
> I don't have time for comments that are not germaine.

Ted, you are asking for help on a public mailing list.  If you don't feel
you have time for what people here have to say, then feel free not to read
their comments, or not to ask for help here.

In addition to pointing you at the debugging instructions that are included
in the OpenAFS for Windows distribution, Jeff has given you a fairly
complete and accurate summary of what steps are required to obtain the
debugging dumps that will enable him or others to track down your problem.
He even provided som additional tips beyond the bare minimum needed to get
the job done.  He has also indicated that he cannot or will not provide
more personalized support or "handholding" except to his paying clients.

I suggest you respect that, and stop asking for that level of support from
Jeff unless you are willing to pay for it (in which case, you should
contact him off-list).  Perhaps there is someone else here who has the time
and expertise to help you; if so, I'm sure they'll speak up.  In the
meantime, I'd suggest reading the documentation and Jeff's previous mail
messages, and attempting to gather the requested debugging dumps.

Of course, you are welcome to submit a bug report without any debugging
output, but that makes your issue more difficult to track down and thus
less likely to receive much (or any) attention.  This is particularly true
in this case, where the data you have provided so far gives no indication
of what the problem might be, or even if it is in fact an AFS problem.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc