[OpenAFS] Token loss after su on linux 2.6

Bob Hoffman hoffman@cs.pitt.edu
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:49:04 -0400

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> I suspect that if you run dmesg immediately after loading the AFS
> kernel module, you'll find that it was unable to find and patch the
> system call table.  That means it's not intercepting calls to
> setgroups(), and you end up losing your PAG at inconvenient times.

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.  Here is the output from dmesg:

    openafs: module license 'http://www.openafs.org/dl/license10.html'
taints kernel.
    openafs: no version for "sys_close" found: kernel tainted.
    openafs: Ignoring new-style parameters in presence of obsolete ones
    Found system call table at 0xc03219bc (pattern scan)

So, it would appear to have found the table, but it may not be working.
Since no prebuilt
module exists for the 2.6.9-34.0.2 kernel, I had to build the kernel
module from the
1.4.1 openafs-kernel-source RPM.  It's possible that something went
wrong there that I
missed.

     ---Bob.