[OpenAFS] improving read performance

Ryan Underwood nemesis@icequake.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:32:34 -0500

Hi,

I'm using OpenAFS 1.4.1.  The fileserver is a PPro 200 with plenty of
RAM and a 3ware card.  Write performance is on the order of megs per
second, but I noticed lately (don't know for how long this has been
going on) that read performance over the network is quite bad, about
300KB/sec.  Here are the client afsd options:
-chunksize 18 -files 10000 -dcache 5000 -stat 7500 -daemons 3 -volumes 200

The client cache is 256MB.

I tried copying the file from the server locally from /afs to /tmp and
the speed was very good, about 3MB/s.  The server's afsd options, cache
size, and client version are the same.

Anyone have any idea what can be improved?

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>