[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.2rc1 MacOS Tiger installer is x86 only

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:04:12 -0500

On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:42 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
>> In message <Pine.GSO.
>> 4.61-042.0608231551220.13579@johnstown.andrew.cmu.edu>,Der
>> rick J Brashear writes:
>>> I guess you didn't read the ticket I merged yours into. No,
>>> something
>>> dislikes "1.4.2rc1" as a version string. I am still trying to
>>> figure out
>>> what I should call this so I can fix it.
>>
>> apple is peculiar about the format for CFBundleVersion. see
>> http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1132.html
>
> We understand the format requirements.  The question is what the
> version
> number should be.   Before we went to 1.4.0 the version number
> stayed at
> 1.3.99 throughout all of the release candidates.  Now that we are at
> 1.4.2 it is unclear what release candidates should use.
>
> On Windows, the version numbers are 1.4.0200 for the initial release
> candidate and then 1.4.0201, 1.4.0202, etc. until we are finished.

The problem isn't the version numbers.  Its the fact that the
Info.plist and the actual binary must agree on the version number. In
the published 1.4.2rc1 dist, the binary thinks its version 1.4.2b3
and the Info.plist says its 1.4.2rc1.  That's the problem that's
preventing it from loading.