[OpenAFS] Windows explorer null pointer v 1.5.07

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:25:13 -0700

Jeff,

If I can get the system speed up to where I can get far enough along to
crash it I can generate the log files you will probably need.

Yes, I can revert to 1.4.2 but would prefer to get the 1.5.x up (both SuSE
linux and windows).

I hate to revert when I'm so close to logging a bug.

Any suggestions?

Tedc

PS Where does fs trace -dump log to?

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 3:06 PM
To: Christopher D. Clausen
Cc: ted creedon; openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Windows explorer null pointer v 1.5.07

The 1.5.x tree most likely has an incompatibility with some query
that Windows is making.  I haven't figured out what that might be yet.
1.5.x has a fairly significant re-write of the SMB/CIFS interface that
1.4.2 does not have.  The re-write is necessary to make OpenAFS work
with Windows Vista.  If you are having problems with 1.5.x, you are
welcome to use the 1.4.2 release with the caveat that 1.4.2 does not
support server locks or large files.

Jeffrey Altman