[OpenAFS] service start failure

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:29:44 -0700

I have a new XP SP2 installation that is fully patched via microsoft.
The first application installed after patching was openafs 1.4.2
(whatever version is on the download link from openafs.org).

The installation proceeded without error. However, the service still
fails to start. So I installed the debug version. Now I need help
decoding what the debug version says. (the initial cryptic error had
something to do with a failure in ntdll.dll)

I've lost track of the 'how to debug openafs' instructions though.
Sorry to pester the list but any pointers?

yes, I turned off the xp firewall
yes I have a fully routable address
no I do not have any nat
no, I have not tried access any afs volumes, the client services just
fails to start

--
David Bear
phone: 	602-496-0424