[OpenAFS] service start failure

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:23:45 -0400

At 10:05 PM 8/29/2006, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>I note that you didn't file a bug report on this issue.
>If someone does, I might try and fix it.

Well, I fixed the "problem", and I wasn't sure if it was a "bug", or just
something about the client that I didn't know.  Eg, (just for example, not
that this is real) you can't use more than n characters in the computername.

I remember back before the loopback adapter the computername was limited to
n - 4 characters, or something like that.  This was for the "-afs" part
that you needed to add.

No need to fix anything here, but thanks for being interested.  :-)

Rodney