[OpenAFS] AFS on FreeBSD 6.1

Jerold McAllister jerrymc@msu.edu
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:55:49 -0400

Jim Rees,

Thank you for your response.

> Although I think you'll make better progress if you load the kernel module.

Probably, but what kernel module?
I think that is part of the information I am missing.

I see something in the LINUX section of Installing Additional Client
Machines about loading AFS in to the Kernel.   But, I haven't found
files with names like those to work on.

I did find a file in the ../src/afsd/  directory called  'afs.rc.fbsd'
that I presume needs to be called as the afs startup script from
/usr/local/etc/rc.d,  (but I didn't find anything that tells me that).

That script appears to want to load  /usr/vice/etc/afs.ko  which might be
it but there is only /usr/vice/etc/libafs.ko so I don't know if I can
just change the name (copy it to that name) or if something else must
be done.

Anyway, this area of things - stuff that loads in/affects the kernel is
an area I have not worked with and am rather in the dark about.   So, I
need some step-by-step help/documentation if that is possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

////jerry