[OpenAFS] AFS client suddenly extremely slow

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:00:21 -0500

On Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:36:41 AM -0800 Russ Allbery
<rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:
>> Kris Kasner <kris.kasner@qualcomm.com> wrote:
>
>>> Any chance someone could rattle off the command line options that are
>>> not needed if we want to use the auto-tuning? We currently use
>>> something like -stat 2800 -dcache 2400 -daemons 5 -volumes 400 for the
>>> afsd options on or Solaris 10 clients running 1.4.2.
>
>>> If it's in a release notes somewhere that I missed, feel free to point
>>> me in that direction, too.
>
>> The cache manager will automatically select values for any of the
>> parameters you can set on the command line if you don't provide them --
>> there are no required arguments to afsd.
>
> -afsdb, -dynroot, and -fakestat are still required if you want that
> behavior, though, so far as I know.

Yes, but you're not required to want that behavior.
You _are_ required to have some vcache entries, but if you don't tell afsd
how many you want, it will pick a reasonable number.