[OpenAFS] Undelete support feedback request

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:37:28 -0500

On Thursday, December 07, 2006 02:21:00 PM -0500 Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

>> Actually, we're only talking about files here.  A directory can't be
>> deleted in the first place unless it's empty, and the undelete operation
>> for an empty directory is the same as the directory creation operation.
>
> A delete operation on a directory filled with files that have been
> deleted but not yet reclaimed needs to be marked with the new attribute.
> Otherwise, you lose the ability to undelete the files stored within it.

Good point.

>> Life gets interesting when multiple files with the same name have been
>> deleted, but maybe you don't care about that (I would).
>
> Not so interesting.  The function to list the entries reports multiple
> files with the same name.

... and how do you pick which one you're undeleting?
I mean, I know how to do this at the RPC layer - you just undelete by FID.
But what is the UI going to look like?