[OpenAFS] Openafs Failover Problem

Stefan Heimers stefan.usenet@heimers.ch
Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:47:04 +0100

I am experiencing a problem with our failover setup. We have two Openafs
servers which share external storage. I can mount /vicep*
and /var/lib/openafs on one machine and start the server processes. Works
fine. Both machines have a common IP address which is activated on the main
machine and disabled on the backup machine.

If I stop the server processes, unmount, mount on the other machine and
start the servers there, everything works.

But if I don't do a graceful shutdown, but rather turn off the power on one
machine, the afs server won't work on the other. Filesystems are mounted,
processes are started, but the clients cannot access afs directories.

What should I do about it? Do I need to remove any old tickets or cache
files to get afs up on the other machine after a crash?

Stefan

--
http://www.heimers.ch