[OpenAFS] Removing sysid files

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:47:05 -0600

I have been having problems with my home setup where one server has a
fileserver process that will refuse to start because it claims that it's
IP is being used by another server. If I use bos restart on all three
servers quickly, it will come up every time and run without problems.

I'm running OpenAFS 1.4.2 on the system where the problem shows up. The
other two machines are slightly different, one is also running 1.4.2,
the last one is running a 1.3.85 version that I'm working on upgrading
to 1.4.2.

Here's the CellServDB that I use on all three machines.

>aaker.org        #Ken Aaker Home System
192.168.1.1        #endar.aaker.org
192.168.1.2        #dv.aaker.org
192.168.1.11        #mars.aaker.org

I've checked the /etc/hosts file on all three machines and the reverse
name lookup for the IP addresses, and those all match the CellServDB. I
see that IP addresses are recorded in the sysid file, is that a possible
source for a duplicate IP? I can't find any other traces, and I may have
mistakenly copied a sysid file to the last server I set up.

Ken Aaker