[OpenAFS] How to replicate files on different machines

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:52:23 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> If you're setting up a new cell, don't use the kaserver; it's deprecated, and
> for good reason.  Set up a real Kerberos realm instead, and then use 'kinit'
> to get Kerberos tickets followed by 'aklog' to get AFS tokens.

Is there a free multi-master capable KRB-V Server available? Last time I
had a look at Heimdal and MIT they were not.

Last weekend I seriously considered replacing kaserver with KRB-V due to
severe problems with saslauthd and pam_afs.so (segfaults...).

But after replacing my openladap with fedora-ds (wich is multi-master)
some time ago, I do not want to reintroduce a single point of failure to
my systems.

Thanks

Chris
--
  TU Chemnitz, Informatik, VSR  | Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2007, 3.-4. Maerz
   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204    |     http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de