[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Solaris 10 11/06 afs 1.4.2 pam module panic.

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:19:38 -0500

On Tuesday, December 19, 2006 09:11:44 PM -0500 Dale Ghent <daleg@umbc.edu>
wrote:

> Okay, I looked into this more and a kind soul at Sun pointed me to  the
> new (as of Solaris 10) ddi_cred(9F) man page.
>
> This page details public (yet "evolving") interfaces to the otherwise
> private cred_t struct. These interfaces seem to have been implemented
> for the NFSv4 functionality in Solaris 10.

It should be noted, for those who weren't copied on the private mail and
don't read the OpenSolaris networking-discuss list, that "evolving" in this
case really means the same as "committed", which basically means we can
count on that interface not to change except under very unusual
circumstances...

-- Jeff