[OpenAFS] Problem in creating/replicating volumes

shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:46:46 +0530 (IST)

Hi.

I have added 2 servers in my cell.
My CellServDB is as follows.

>ps2750.pspl.co.in        #Cell name
10.77.5.155    #ps2095.pspl.co.in
10.88.88.41    #ps2750.pspl.co.in

When I try to create a volume to any of these servers/ replicate  a volume using "vos addsite" command I'm getting following error.

#vos addsite  ps2095.persistent.co.in /vicepa root.afs -cell ps2750.pspl.co.in -verbose -noauth

 Could not lock the VLDB entry for the volume 536870912
u: no quorum elected
Error in vos addsite command.
u: no quorum elected

#vos create ps2750 /vicepa test.afs -cell ps2750.pspl.co.in -noauth
Could not get an Id for volume test.afs
   u: no quorum elected.............

If I keep only 1 server info in CellServDB, creating a volume is working fine.

Is it happening because the IP addresses are not in a particular sequence?

Thanks and Regards,
Shailesh

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.