[OpenAFS] Re: openafs does not put a [correct] value in fsinfo.f_type?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:31:25 -0800

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> writes:
> If you want your code to be file system, AFS client, and version
> independent you really need to test the functionality and and
> not the implementations.  Specifically, you must perform a test
> that attempts to lock a byte range, spin off a second process attempt
> to lock the same byte range, and test for the failure.  If the
> failure doesn't occur, then you know you need to fall back on a locking
> strategy that doesn't rely on byte range locks.

Absolutely.  In fact, I'd already implemented that.  The only problem
is that it doesn't work on Linux since the Linux AFS client does a
more elaborate job of faking the byte-range locks.

> I would focus on completely independent tests.

Ok.  Suggestions?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380