[OpenAFS] Problem building openafs on kernel 2.6.18.2-34-default

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:52:34 -0800

Gianluca Cerminara <gianluca.cerminara@cern.ch> writes:

> Yes I get the same error, also with 1.4.2 and 1.5.12...

>>> error: #error Not sure what to do about rlim (should be in the Linux
>>> task struct somewhere....)

This error usually means nothing more than "your kernel headers included
in the way that OpenAFS's configure uses them failed to compile" and can
be caused by all sorts of things, ranging from missing packages to real
kernel incompatibilities.  To figure out what's going on, we need to see
the portion of config.log around the test for rlim.  There will be
compiler error messages that will hopefully lead us to the real cause.