[OpenAFS] Problem building openafs on kernel 2.6.18.2-34-default

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:55:46 -0800

Marcus Watts <mdw@umich.edu> writes:

> Russ is right this indicates a problem with the kernel build process.
> Most likely that's headers, but it could be other stuff.

> Unfortunately, config.log most likely won't contain anything of interest.
> To get useful stuff in config.log, you'll need to do something like
> this patch:
> 	/afs/umich.edu/group/itd/build/mdw/openafs/patches/openafs-1.5.8-kconfig.diff
> which is the companion to this:
> 	http://www.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=40604

Hm?  I've always found the error messages in config.log.  I've diagnosed
probably a dozen of these build failures from config.log output; usually
it's a straightforward compiler error that points to a missing include,
structure, or the like.  Or is this an issue with a current Linux that
causes this to stop working?