[OpenAFS] AFS clients and IP address 192.168.67.1

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:12:48 +0100

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) wrote:
> Whilst investigating a network problem, one of our network gurus noticed
> that our AFS client systems are sending packets to IP address
> 192.168.67.1 (I confirmed this by using tcpdump).  Issuing the command:
>
> fs getserverprefs -numeric | grep 192
>
> gave the reply:
>
> 192.168.67.1                                       40006
>
> Please would someone explain what is happening here; is it related to
> dynroot ?  I expect that it is a FAQ.

No. Probably one the fileservers contacted by this client has also a
secondary private interface which is not masked by a NetInfo or
NetRestrict file.
The server preferences of 40006 indicates it is a fileserver not
belonging to your own network, so it's some work to find out where it
belongs to.

If you do a "vos listaddr -cell XXX" for all cells in your CellServDB
you should be able to indentify this server.

Hartmut