[OpenAFS] "package" won't build 1.4.1-rc2

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
05 Jan 2006 09:21:23 -0500

I failed to send this reply to the list, sorry.

Thank you Jeffery, for pointing me it the right direction.  I'll
certainly look into it, and try to come up with a reasonable patch.  I
am using RH AS 4 for this platform with a 2.6 kernel.

It does appear to me that there have been changes to 'src/package/'
directory since 1.2.13.  I'm not sure if it affects the 'packageExecute'
function, but file sizes in this directory have been modified.  I would
expect no change, unless someone did some work on it, right?  I will try
to diff the files.

Regarding the compiler, is this a large enough difference in versions to
be the cause?

The gcc compiler on RH AS 3 is
gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-52)

The gcc compiler on RH AS 4 is
gcc version 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2)

--
veritatis simplex oratio est

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer