[OpenAFS] Re: rxbind for server processes?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:08:58 -0800

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
> You could modify the code for the server processes to support -rxbind.
> Other people have covered why it's not necessarily what you want, and
> you aren't likely to find a "cheap" way to serve multiple cells from a
> single machine.

Yeah, that's a bummer.

Any off-the-top-of-the-head reasons why an OpenAFS **server** would
get upset running in user mode linux [1] with its own IP all to
itself?

If not, I'll give it a try and post back here.  I can see why this
might complicate the kernel module (client), but the server is
entirely in userspace, so unless it does extremely strange stuff it
shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

  - a

[1] http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380