[OpenAFS] Re: listing the obstacles to multiple fileservers on one machine

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:32:27 -0800

Lester Barrows <barrows@email.arc.nasa.gov> writes:
> This chbind command combined with a chroot or two sounds like it
> would make a perfect lightweight platform for multiple AFS servers
> per system if it's solid. I'd be interested in the results of the
> test.

I currently have one cell running "chbound" to a single interface of a
two-interface machine and it's working fine.  It is definately not
binding to any ports on the other interface (UDP scan shows it closed
and I can bind other listeners to those ports locally without getting
an error).

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to start up the second cell's
fileserver.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380