[OpenAFS] home on afs woes

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:17:59 -0800

Juha J=E4ykk=E4 <juhaj@iki.fi> writes:

> I disagree. From its README:

> o tokens
>   Create a new AFS PAG and obtain AFS tokens during the authentication
> phase.  By default, tokens are obtained for the local cell (and the cell
> which  contains the user's home directory, if they're not the same).

Ah, okay, I didn't realize that.

>> AFS doesn't do AES, at all.  If you do have a DES key for AFS, I don't
>> see why that aklog wouldn't work, but it's also fairly old.  Soon we'll

> Well, I do and it does not. I suppose it does not like even the user
> having an AES key.

It really shouldn't care, but you're running into such bizarre problems at
this point I can't even speculate as to what might be going on.

I think I'll bow out; you're trying to do things with Heimdal that I've
never done and I don't really know how to make it do what you want.  I'll
let someone else who uses Heimdal answer.

--=20