[OpenAFS] home on afs woes

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:46:09 -0600

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Juha J=E4ykk=E4 <juhaj@iki.fi> writes:
>=20

> You probably don't really need to do this, as Heimdal comes with an afs=
log
> that should work fine -- although, I don't know if it supports the -set=
pag
> flag to set a PAG for the parent process.  Unfortunately, doing PAM
> properly requires either that or linking with the AFS libraries.

Its actually knowing what the syscall is that AFS uses to set the PAG.
and what to do if the syscall fails.  You don't really have to link in
any AFS library. The pam_afs2 does this, and uses no AFS or Kerberos libs=
.

It would be nice AFS provided a header file or picked up the pam_afs2.

>=20

--=20

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory