[OpenAFS] home on afs woes

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:00:28 -0800

zeroguy <zeroguy@verizon.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

>> Soon we'll have the OpenAFS aklog packaged for Debian.

> Russ, just wondering, is there any specific time or a specific release
> you're planning on packaging it (like, maybe 1.4.1?)

1.4.1, yes.

> Will it remain a separate package?

I'm not sure.  My plan was to keep it a separate package initially,
although it may make sense down the road to just incorporate the binaries
from openafs-krb5 into openafs-client and have openafs-krb5 be a
transitional package for a release.

With the 1.4.1 release, my plan is to:

 * Eliminate openafs-krb5 as a separate source package in favor of just
   building a binary package with the same contents from the openafs
   source.

 * Build a libafssetpag shared library from the openafs source.

 * Redo libpam-openafs-session to call lsetpag from libafssetpag to create
   a PAG and then run aklog without the -setpag flag.  That should let
   people use it with afslog or the like if they want.