Re[2]: [OpenAFS] apache and home directories on with 1.4 client

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:10:19 EST

>On Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:35:12 AM -0800 Russ Allbery
><rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> Ron Croonenberg <ronc@DePauw.edu> writes:
>>
>>> I installed the OpenAFS client 1.4 on an FC3 machine.
>>
>>> I created a symbolic link /home to /afs/mycell/home but if I try to
>>> point a browser to someone's public_html directory in /home/~userid it
>>> says it cannot find that url.  (On other machines running the OpenAFS
>>> client 1.2.13 it "just seems to work)
>>
>>> I remember seeing a few msgs a few days ago about some homedirectory
>>> issues ?  is this related ?
>>
>> The other thing to double-check besides SELinux is to make sure that the
>> ownership of the symlink and the target directory is suitable for whatever
>> the Apache symlink following is configured to do.  For instance, if you're
>> using SymlinksIfOwnerMatch, then the Unix UID owner of the symlink and the
>> target directory have to be the same.
>
>But the _first_ think you should do is read the web server logs, and see
>why the server is returning an error.

I did ..  for some reason some keyword (in httpd.conf) didn't seem to work. Another one did so with some
other config settings I could make it wok.

Ron

 Romance analysis like Quantum Mechanic observations subsumes
 the unavoidable drawback of an irreversible influence on the
 subjects as predicted by the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen effect.
 Ron Croonenberg                   | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator            | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience     | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University                 |
 275 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.            |