[OpenAFS] troubleshooting when fileserver goes out to lunch?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:47:24 -0800

What should I do to gather data when the fileserver process stops
responding to requests for certain directories and refuses to shut
itself down?

 root@goliath:~#bos shutdown goliath.megacz.com
 bos: failed to shutdown servers (communications failure (-1))

Sending a "kill -TSTP" doesn't cause anything to appear in the logs
(not even a message stating that it got the log-upgrade signal).

[This is unrelated to my crazy harebrained scheme to run two
 fileservers on the same machine -- different cell]

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380