[OpenAFS] NetRestrict - change existing openafs server to use a single network interface

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:54:03 +0100

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 12:36:07PM +0000, Vladimir Konrad wrote:
> hello,
>
> we have a openafs server (configured before i turned up) with two
> ehernet network interfaces (one for normal network activity, one for
> backup access). this is a production server.
>
> the operating system is Debian Woody, openafs 1.2.11...

[snip]

> what is the correct method to "remove" use of a network interface on
> openafs fileserver with existing volumes?

Create a file NetInfo and put all IPs you want to use inside (one per line).
I had to put the file in /etc/openafs/server-local but I think
the woody-version of openafs expects it in /var/lib/openafs .

Regards,

Frank