[OpenAFS] Re: IP-based ACL problem with 1.2.13 fileserver? (does flushcps.c work?)

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:58:12 -0500 (EST)

Jeff:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

>>  	/afs/cs.cmu.edu/misc/afstools
>>
>> without any luck. This program does not seem to have any effect (both on
>> the file servers which are showing a problem, and on those which are
>> not). Is this program expected to work against 1.2.13 fileservers?
>
> Yes, though I wouldn't try it against anything much older than that.
> There was a bug in older fileservers that would cause them to crash if anyone
> made that RPC.

Right; I tried it on several of our fileservers but it didn't seem to
actually flush the membership of the IP addresses I specified, e.g. via:

 	./flushcps afs-fileserver-hostname ip.address.of.client

I assume it doesn't matter if you run this with or without tokens?

-Chris