[OpenAFS] differences between aklog on Windows and Unix?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:14:39 -0800

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> I will note that I have written multiple implementations which avoided
> krb_get_phost or krb5_sname_to_principal specifically for this reason.
> It has never made me happy.

Okay, so I'm about to redo remctl, which is a GSSAPI client-server
application that we use all over the place and that I'm planning on
building Cool Stuff (TM) on top of.  I'd like to do this the right way.
So... what's the right to do hostname to Kerberos principal mappings?  Is
there some way of doing this that won't drive people nuts during typical
command-line usage?